The following salient points are some of the hard core realities about marriage;
1. Marriage flourishes when the couple works together as a team; when both husband and wife decide that winning together is more important than keeping score. Good marriages don’t just happen. They are a product of hard work.
2. Your children are watching you and forming lasting opinions on love, commitment, and marriage based on what they see in you. Give them hope. Make them look forward to marriage.
3. Husbands: The reason why other women look attractive is because someone is taking good care of them. Grass is always green where it is watered. Instead of drooling over the green grass on the other side of the fence, work on yours and water it regularly. Any man can admire a beautiful woman, but it takes a true gentleman to make a woman admirable and beautiful.
4. When a husband puts his wife first above everyone and everything except ALLAH, it gives his wife the sense of security and honour that every wife hungers for.
5. A successful marriage doesn’t require a big house, a prefect spouse, a million dollars or an expensive car. You can have all the above and still have a miserable marriage. A successful marriage requires honesty, undying commitment, care, sincere feelings and selfless love and ALLAH at the center of it all.
6. Pray for your spouse every day; in the morning, in the afternoon and at evening. Don’t wait until there is a problem. Don’t wait until there is an affair. Don’t wait until something bad happens. Don’t wait until your spouse is tempted. Shield your spouse with dua and cover your marriage with the fence & roof of dua.
7. The people you surround yourself with have a lot of influence on your marriage. Friends can build or break your marriage; choose them wisely.
8. One spouse cannot build a marriage alone when the other spouse is committed to destroying it. Marriage works when both husband and wife work together as a team to build their marriage.
9. Don’t take your spouse for granted. Don’t take advantage of your spouse’s meekness and goodness. Don’t mistake your spouse’s loyalty for desperation. Don’t misuse or abuse yours spouse’s trust. You may end up regretting after losing someone that meant so much to you.
10. Beware of marital advice from single people. Regardless of how sincere their advice may be, most of it is theoretical and not derived from real life experiences. If you really need Godly advice, seek it from God-fearing, impartial and prayerful mature couples whose resolve has been tested by time and shaped by trials.
11. Dear wife, Don’t underestimate the power of the tongue on your marriage. The tongue has the power to crush your marriage or build it up. Don’t let the devil use your tongue to kill your spouse’s image, self-confidence and aspirations. Let ALLAH use your tongue to build up your marriage and bless and praise your spouse.
12.COMMUNICATION is the KEY to everything.
Talk it out
OWN up to your mistakes
Help others with theirs
Note that it is easier to forgive a wrong doing than a lie.
13.Let your spouse be your best friend,
Marriage without friendship is like a Bird without wings, how will it fly?
May Allah guide us all.