Qutb-e-Aalam Madaar-e-Aazam Niyaz be Niyaz Hazrat Qibla Shah Niyaz Ahmed Alvi Barelvi Qadri Chisti Soharwardi Naqshbandi Nizami Sabri Faqri (R.A.)
Birth: 6th Jamadiussani 1155 Hijri ( 7 August 1742 C.E.)
Parental Lineage: From his father side the lineage (silsila-e-nasab) goes to Maula-e-Kainaat Hz Ali (KWK) & from his mother side it goes to Imamain-Kareemain Saiyaada-tun-Nisa Hz.Fatematuzzahra (R.A.).He was Alvi Syed from his patenal family and Rizvi Syed from the maternal side.
His great grandfathers belonged to royal family of Bukhara (present day Uzbekistan).Among his greatgrandfathers Hz Shah Ayaat-ul-lah Alvi (R.A.) left the Sultanat and got settelled in Multan (Punjab province of present Pakistan).His grandson Hz Azmatullah Alvi (R.A.) came to Sirhind (Punjab,India),his Son Hz Hakeem Elahi Shah Muhammad Rahmat-ul-lah (RA) later came and settelled in Delhi.He was father of Hz. Niyaz-be-Niyaz (R.A.).He was appointed Kazi-ul-kuzzat (Chief Justice) in Delhi.He earned the title of “Hakim-e-Elahi”. Hz Shah Niyaz-be-Niyaz (R.A.) got birth in Sirhind & came to Delhi with his father.
His mother’s Name was Bibi Ladoo but was famous by the name of Hz. Bibi Garib Nawaz .She was daughter of Syed Maulana Sa’id Uddin,who traced his descent from Hazrat Imam Musa Raza (R.A.).He was a spritual caliph of Hazrat Sheikh Kalim-ul-lah (R.A.)of Shahjahanabad(Delhi).She was hereself a buzurg.Her Peer-o-Murshid Hz Shah Mohi-ud-din Diyasanami/Giyasnami (R.A.) inducted her twice in Silsila-e-Qadria, the reason for making her Mureed for the second time he told was that he was actually making the child in her womb (Hz Niyaz be Niyaz RA) his mureed.
Education: His primary education started at home under guidence of his mother’s father Hz Syed Maulana Sa’id Uddin.He got higher education from Madarsa Faqriya Delhi which was equivalent to a collage at that time.He completed his education including Quran,Hadis,Tafseer,Fiqh at the age of 15 .He was awarded the degree of Farighut-tahsil after 3 days of questioning by various scholars.He then became Ustad (teacher) their.He later became the principal of the Madarsa.
Initiation in Sufi Order: Hz Shah Niyaz-be-Niyaz (R.A.) inherited spiritual qualities from his parents,particularly from his Mother from Childhood.
His mother gave him in the care of Hz Sayed Faqruddin Muhammad Dehalvi (R.A.) who is famous by the name Maulana Faqr-e-paak/Fakr-e-Zahaan who later made Hz Shah Niyaz (R.A.) his spritual desciple.He used to call him Miyan.Hz. Faqr-e-paak deputed Hz Niyaz Be Niyaz to Bareli (Uttarpradesh,India) to carry out the work of silsila.
Hz Niyaz be Niyaz RA was inducted in Qadri Silsila by Hz Abdullah Baghdadi (R.A.),who was direct descendent of Hz Gausul Aazam (R.A.).The incidence is such that one day Hz Fakre Paak(R.A.) told that in his dream Piran-e-Pir Hz Ghaus Paak (R.A.) has introduced him to a certain person (closely related to him) who would be sent to initiate Hz Niyaz-be-Niyaz (R.A.)as his desciple and Hz.Fakre Paak should have him accepted by the person.After six days Hz Fakre Paak (R.A.) told one day that Hz.Ghaus Paak (R.A.) has told him that the person has reached Delhi.Hazrat Fakre Paak placed a tray full of sweets on his head and holding the hand of Hz Niyaz-be-Niyaz (R.A.) went to Jama Masjid Delhi,where the person (Hz Abdullah Baghdadi RA) was staying.Hazrat Fakre Paak recognized Hz Abdullah Baghdadi at once and placed the tray infront of him.Hazrat Niyaz-be-niyaz was accepted by Hz Abdullah Baghdadi (R.A.) as his spritual desciple in front of huge crowd in the arch of Jama Masjid.
Hazrat Shah Niyaz Ahmed (R.A.) also recieved spritual blessings from other saints of other sufi orders.In brief it can be put that he was initiated in Qadri order by Hz. Syed Abdullah Baghdadi (R.A.) and Hz Mohi-ud-din Diyasnami (R.A.),in Chisti-Nizami order by Hz Maulana Fakr-e-Jahaan(R.A.) and Hazrat Said-ud-din (R.A.),in Suharwardi order by Hz.Maulana Fakr-e-Jahaan(R.A.),and in Chisti-Sabri-Naqshbandi order from Hazrat Shah Rahmat-ul-lah.
Marriage and Children:He was married with the daughter of Hz Abdullah Baghdadi (R.A.) who died after some year.He had two sons,Hz Shah Nizam-ud-din Husain (R.A.)and Shah Nasir-ud-din, from his second wife.
Death(Wafaat/Visaal): 6th Jamadiussani 1250 Hijri (9th October 1834 C.E.)
Mazaar-e-aqdas: His tomb is in bareilly (Uttar pradesh,India) .His Urs is celebrated anually in traditional way which is attended by huge crowd.
Khalifa (Caliphs):His elsest son Hazrat Shah Nizam-ud-din Hussain (R.A.) was his premier khalifa and sajjadanashin.He had lot of other caliphs,in which some prominent are-Syed Muhammed Sani of Badakshan,Maulvi Abdul Latif of Samarkand,Maulvi Nemat-ul-lah of Kabul,Maulvi Yar Muhammed of Kabul,Mulla jan Muhammed of Kabul,Maulana waz Muhammed of Badakshan,Maulvi Muhammed Husain of Mecca and Mirza Asad-ul-lah Beg of Bareilly.
Ae Niyaz-e-Be-Niyaz ae Qutb-e-Aalam Assalaam
Ae Madaar-e-do jahaan, ae sab ke hum dum Assalaam
Why Hazrat Qibla Shah Niyaz Ahmed R.A. Is Called ‘Niyaz Beniyaz’ ?
There are two different perspective in calling Hazrat Qibla R.A. Niyaz Be-Niyaz.
These can be simply put as:
Niyaz of the Be-Niyaz
The Niyaz who is be-niyaz
In the first case the word niyaz is used in the meaning of nazr (offering ) and Be-Niyazis used for Allah who has the quality of being be-niyaz (who is unaffected) on each and every thing. So calling Hazrat Qibla (R.A.), Niyaz Be-Niyaz means that he is an offering to Allah,the Be-niyaz from his parents,his Murshid or by himself.This is justified by his devotion towards Allah.
This is similar to saying niyaz of Hazrat Gaus Paak (R.A.) which indicates to any particular item which is offered in the name of Hazrat Gaus Paak (R.A.).
The word niyaz also used in the meaning of haajat (requirement) or khwaish.So using this meaning ‘Niyaz Be-Niyaz’ indicates Hazrat Qibla Sarkaar of being a person who has the khwaish of Allah or who is in search of Allah.
In the second case Hazrat Qibla Sarkaar is said to be ‘be-niyaz’, who is be-parwaah.The one who is unaffected by something or who doesn’t requires something or who is not inclined towards something. Sometime people object saying that be-niyazi is a quality of Allah and this quality shouldn’t be associated with anyone.It has to be understand that Allah is be-niyaz on each and everything but when Hazrat Qiblais called be-niyaz he is said to be so on certain things, and the absolute authority for this rests with Allah . As Hazrat Qibla sarkaar has himself said :
Yahaan tak dia mujhko husn-e-uruuj
Ke bande se maula banaya mujhe
The basic concept of taswwuf is to leave the love of world for Allah and the life ofHazrat Qibla Sarkaar was the perfect example of this and so he is not only be-niyazbut also can be called be-niyaz-al-khlak ( one who is unaffected or uninclined to all worldly things ).
In the the relationship between aashiq (lover) and maashooq (the one who is loved ) the maashooq is sometime is said to be irresponsive towards the action of aashiq.For this poets have used the word be-niyaz.
As Mirza Ghalib says:
Hum bhi tasleem ki khoo dalenge
Benayazi teri aadat hi sahi
In another ghazal Mirza Ghalib says:
Beniyazi had se guzri banda parwar kab talak
Hum kahenge hal-e-dil aur aap farmaenge kya
Hazrat Qibla Sarkaar himself has used the word beniyazi in his kalaam:
Zer e shan e beniyazi khul gai
Jis taraf rukh ko phiraya yar ne
So, in this way also the disciples of Hazrat Qibla like to address him as Niyaz Be-Niyazand express their love.
List Of Khulfa-E-Karaam Of Hazrat Shah Niyaz BeNiyaz R.A.
Apart from India Hazrat Qibla Shah Niyaz Be Niyaz has his murideen & khulfa in various part of the world,including Pakistan,Sindh,Bukhara,Kabul,Misr,Sham,Samrkand,Rome etc.
Unfortunately information regarding many of his Khulfas in other countries is not available.
Here is the list of some of his important Khulfas with brief information of their places :
01. Shah Taajul Auliya Hazrat Shah Nizamuddin Hussain (R.A.) – Eldest son & Sajjada nasheen – Khanqahe Aaliya Niyazia Bareilly Sharif
02. Hazrat Maulvi Abdul Lateef Saheb (Khwane Uloom) R.A. – Samarkand ( Present day Uzbekistan)
03. Hazrat Muhammad Fakhre Aalam Saheb (R.A.) – Sahjahanapur ( 80 Km from Bareilly)
04. Hazrat Syed Ahmed Ali Saheb (R.A.) – Shahabad ( District Hardoi,U.P.)
05. Hazrat Meer Mohammad Sami Saheb (R.A.) – Badakhshan (a region comprising parts of northeastern Afghanistan and southeastern Tajikistan )
06. Hazrat Maulvi Yaar Muhammad Saheb ( R.A.) – Kabul
07. Hazrat Miskin Shah Saheb (R.A.) – Jaipur
08. Hazrat Hakeem Rahmatullah Saheb ( R.A.) – Bachrayun (District : Jyotiba Phule Nagar, U.P.)
09. Hazrat Maulvi Mahmood Alam Saheb ( R.A.) – Bachrayun (District : Jyotiba Phule Nagar, U.P.)
10. Hazrat Bakhshullah Khan Saheb ( R.A.) – Shahabad ( District Hardoi,U.P.)
11. Hazrat Syed Hashmat Ali Khan ( R.A.) – Shahabad ( District Hardoi,U.P.)
12. Hazrat Mirza Asadulaah Beg Saheb ( R.A.) – Bareilly Sharif
13. Hazrat Maulvi Neamatullah Khan Saheb ( R.A.)- Kabul
14. Hazrat Shah Ji Sharfuddin Saheb ( R.A.) – Radoli
15. Hazrat Shahjaada Saheb ( R.A.) – Ajmer Sharif
16. Hazrat Hafiz Vazeer Khwaja Saheb ( R.A.) – Kabul
17. Hazrat Abdul Rasul Saheb ( R.A.) – Kabul
18. Hazrat Muhammad Hussain Saheb ( R.A.) – Makka Moazzama
19. Hazrat Mohammad Abdullah Khan Saheb ( R.A.) – Sahjahanapur ( 80 Km from Bareilly)
20. Hazrat Maula Dad Khan Saheb ( R.A.) – Sahjahanapur ( 80 Km from Bareilly)
21. Hazrat Miyan Fakhruddin Hussain Saheb ( R.A.) – Brother of Hazrat Shah Niyaz Be Niyaz ( R.A.)
22. Hazrat Maulvi Mastaan Khan Saheb ( R.A.) – Sahjahanapur ( 80 Km from Bareilly)
23. Hazrat Maulvi Abdul Rahman Khan Saheb – Jaora ( District Ratlam,M.P.)
24. Hazrat Ghulam Maula Khan Saheb ( R.A.) – Akbarbad ( present day Agra )
25. Hazrat Mulla Aivaz Muhammad Khan Saheb ( R.A.) – Badakhshan (a region comprising parts of northeastern Afghanistan and southeastern Tajikistan )
26. Hazrat Kifayatullah Khan Saheb ( R.A.)
27. Hazrat Usmaan khan saheb ( R.A.) – Kabul
28. Hazrat Mulla Jaan Muhammad Saheb ( R.A.) – Kabul
29. Hazrat Maulvi Ubaidullah Ji ( R.A.) – Pakhli ( The area of Pakhli was a part of the Hazara Division of the North West Frontier Province of Pakistan )
30. Hazrat Haji Haasham Saheb ( R.A.) – Kabul
31. Hazrat Makhdoom Abdul Saeed Saheb ( R.A.) – Yarkand ( A city on silk route between Afghanistan & China,Presently modern Chinese ciy of Shache )
32. Hazrat Shah Shamsul Haq Saheb ( R.A.) – Lukhnow
33. Hazrat Makhdoom Ji ( R.A.) – Badakshaan
34. Hazrat Shah Noor Hussain Saheb ( R.A.) – Bareilly
35. Hazrat Salaamat Ullah Khan Shaeb ( R.A.) – Sahjahanapur ( 80 Km from Bareilly)
36. Hazrat Shah Wajeehuddin Saheb ( R.A.)
37. Hazrat Jiauddin Saheb ( R.A.)
Hazrat Qibla Shah Niyaz’s view on Muharram and Tazia
Huzoor Qibla had great respect for Ahl-e-Bait [those related to the Holy Prophet (PBUH)].
He wrote on the glory of Hazrat Ali (K.W.K.):
ज़हे इज़्ज़ो जलाले बू तुराबे फ़खरे इंसाने
अली अल् मुर्तुज़ा मुश्किल कुशाए शेरे यज़्दाने
Zahay izzo jalaale Bu Turaabe fakhre insaane
Ali al-Murtaza mushkil kushaye shere Yazdane
(The honour and valour of Abu Turab is the pride of mankind.
No doubt Ali al-Murtaza (K.W.K), helper in the time of need, is the Lion of God.)
On the night of Asharooya-e-Moharram (10th day of first month of Muslim Calendar) he, accompanied by his disciples, used to go to pay respect to Tazias [symbolic tomb of Hazrat Imam Husain (AS)].
Once Moulvi Akbar Ali Sahib from Surat was staying in the Khanqah during Moharram. He accompanied Huzoor Qibla on Ashoora night and found that Huzoor Qibla had bowed to kiss the wooden platform on which Tazia was placed. Moulvi Sahib in his heart thought that this amounted to ‘Shirk’ (giving someone else same respect which is meant for God only). Huzoor Qibla through the divine power could guess of his feeling and asked him to look at the Tazia. When Moulvi Sahib saw he screamed and fell unconscious on the ground. Huzoor Qibla moved ahead. When he regained consciousness people asked as to what had happened to him. Moulvi Sahib then replied that he had seen Hazrat Imam Hasan (AS) in green dress on the one side of the Tazia and Hazrat Imam Hussain (AS) in red on the other side.
Moulvi Akbar Ali Sahib had certain doubts which were clarified by Huzoor Qibla. He put the questions regarding Tazias and Yazid [enemy of Hazrat Imam (AS)]. Huzoor Qibla replied on the question on Tazias that he would not have allowed anybody to build Tazia as it was not possible to give full respect but once they are there, he respects the same with all respect at his command; and on Yazid he said he would not pollute his tongue with Yazid’s name and instead sweeten his tongue with the name of Imam Hussain (AS).
When Huzoor Qibla was unable to walk due to paralysis attack he did not visit the Tazia on Ashoora night. In his meditation he saw Hazrat Bibi Fatima (AS) saying that he had not come to visit her children. With tears in his eyes, Huzoor Qibla asked his disciples to carry him to the Tazias. The disciples thought he was to be taken lying on the cot but he refused and desired that he be taken on foot and visited five Tazias as per his usual practice. On 12th of Moharram a cauldron of Kichra (mixture of wheat, dal, mutton and other cereals) was got cooked for distribution among the people. The practice continues till date in Khaanah-e-Niyazia.
In glory of Hazraat Imaam Hussain (R।A.) Huzoor Qibla wrote:
अय दिल्बिगीर दामने सुल्ताने औलिया
यानी हुसैन इब्ने अली जाने औलिया
दारद नियाज़ हश्र ख़ुद उम्मीद बा हुसैन
बा औलियाए हश्र मुहिब्बाने औलिया
Ae dilbigeer daaman-e-sultaane-Aulia,
Yaani Hussain ibn-e-ALi jaan-e-Aulia.
Daarad `Niyaz’ hashr khud ummeed ba Hussain,
Ba Aulia-e-hashr muhibbaan-e-Aulia.
O heart be with the skirt of garment of King of Aulias (friend of Allah)
That means Hussain (A.S.) ,who is the essence of Aulias.
Niyaz has put judgement day’s decision in hope of Hussain (A.S.),
The faith of Lover of Aulias will be similar to that of Aulia’s.
Karamaat ( Miracles ) Of Hazrat Shah Niyaz Be Niyaz (R.A.)
- Once fire broke out in the bareily city.When it reched the Qutub ward where the Khanekhah of Hazrat Qibla Saheb was there.His eldest son ( Hazrat Shah Tajul Aulia Nizamuddin Hussain R.A. ) informed him this while he was resting.He at once came out and saw that the horse of Risaldar Amir Khan were being taken out from the the thatched stable.On seeing him,the Risaldar asked the servants to stop taking out the horses and said “If Qibla Huzur wishes to save them,they will be saved.Otherwise let them be burnt before him.”Hearing these words,Qibla Huzur undewent a transformation and when he lifted his eyes,the fire took a different direction and was extinguished.The next Shah Tajul Auliya asked Qibla Huzur inqured what he recited.He replied “I didn’t recited anything.I become a see and one spout of my water was extinguished the fire.”
02. Once Allah Baksh Khan,one of Hazrat Qibla Huzur’s desciple requested him to show his real face.He rubbed his hand over his face,which suddenly became radiant like sun.Nobody could see it.Allah Baksh Khan became unconscious,when he regained unconsciousness Hazrat Qibla told him:”This is sufficient for you.”
03. Once a Nawab organized a Mehfil-e-Sama (Qawwali ceremony) and invited all the Sufis to attend it. Actually he wanted to make a mockery of the Sufis who used to go into the state of Haal and Wajd ( going into a state of ecstacy when they were in direct communion with God while listening Qawwali). The Sufis came to Hazrat Niaz-be-Niaz (RA) and told him about the motive of the Nawab and requested Him to accompany them. Along with his disciples Huzoor Qibla (RA) reached the gathering for sama. There were special arrangement for the elites and Nawabs and they were to sit on chairs . The Sufis and Qawwals (musicians) were made to sit on the floor. Huzoor Qibla (RA) got himself seated on the floor along with his disciples. In middle of the Qawwali session the Qawwal recited the following couplet:
Ta- Surat Paiwand-Jahan-bood-Ali-bood”
Inspired by the couplet Huzoor Qibla started waving his scarf. All the elite and privileged seated on the chairs fell down and started rolling on the ground. Nawab’s brother came and apolized to Qibla Huzur.Huzoor Qibla then recited some verses and sprinkled the holy water on the persons who had fallen down. They regained consciousness and apologized for the disrespect.
- A man by the name of Chaudhary Basant Rai, residing in Bareily requested Huzoor Qibla to visit one of his seriously ill relative. Huzoor Qibla went along with his disciples and asked one of his disciples to lie down near the cot of the patient. The disciple’s stomach started swelling and the patient’s pain started subsiding. The condition of the disciple became serious as the patient got well and asked for food. The disciple was then taken to the Khanqah and he too got well in a day or two.
05. Huzoor Qibla at the request of his disciples went to Bachraon near Moradabad. His seven disciples had invited him for a feast at their respective places on the same date.None of the seven disciple knew that someone else has also invited Huzur Qibla.Huzoor Qibla had his meals at the place of his stay and went his room for rest and told those present not to disturb him till he himself may come out. Next day all those who had invited him,came to thank Huzoor Qibla for having feast with them, then people around him discovered that while Huzoor Qibla was taking rest inside his room, each of his disciple felt his presence at their palces.
06. Once on Urs occasion. Huzoor Qibla asked his disciples to distribute bread along with sweets. Munshi Ali Bakhsh who was incharge of the Kitchen, informed Huzoor Qibla that only five Kg of floor was left in the larder and it would not be sufficient for all those present. Huzoor Qibla asked him to bring those five kg bread and covered it with thick sheet and told him to distribute the same without looking as to how much was left. The bread was distributed to all those present and after everyone had his share, the Munshi to his surprise found the five kg bread intact.07. A person from Kabul had come to Bareilly to become Huzoor Qibla’s disciple. Before intering the city pious looking man met him and asked him , where he was going. The person from Kabul replied that he has come to Bareilly to become the disciple of Hazrat Niayz-be-Niayz (RA). The pious looking man replied that he was Niayz Ahmad and initiated him as his disciple.He directed him to the Khanqah (monastery) and instructed him to reach their soon. When the person reached Khanqah, he came to know that Huzoor Qibla had left for his heavenly abode three days back and prayers were being offered on the third day. The person from Kabul described the looks of the pious personality , people then told him thta it was quite similar to Huzoor Qibla.The man then realised that he has been accepted by Hazrat Qibla as his disciple after He had expired.
Reference : Karamat-e-Nizamia (Page 3 & 17)
Sayings of Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. in books of Radha Swami Satsang Beas written by sant Kirpal Singh Ji
Radha Swami Satsang Beas is a spiritual movement started by Baba Jaimal Singh in 1891,who was a disciple of Sant Shiv Dayal Singh,the founder of Radha Swami faith.The basic belief of this movement was to follow the teachings of various mystics or Sant Mat and develop love and respect for all and discover the full potential of human being.This movement has been carried forward by various independent branches.
Sant Kirpal singh (the disciple of Baba Sawan Singh)has spread this movement in various parts of the world.He has written various books which contains the teachings of various religious scripture including Guru Granth Saheb,Quran,New Testament,Vedas and various mystics including The Sikh Gurus,Kabir,Hafiz,Mailana Rum,Khwaja Gharib Nawaz,Mira,Dadu etc.
In his books he has constant mention of sayings of Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A.
Starting with his book “Gurumat Sidhdhant” which he wrote on instruction of His Guru Baba Sawan Singh and published it in his name,while discussing about the true lover of God who has no attachments towards the world he quotes Hazrat Shah Niyaz-
I have sacrificed the austerities of this world, my meditation, etc., at the Lotus Feet of my God. My religion is love for Him and to be intoxicated in that bliss. I keep myself dyed in the colors of His Love. Oh, you ascetic! Please listen to me in the name of my God! You should discontinue your austerities and rituals, and instead should drink the cup of wine of the Love of God. The intoxication from that bliss is much more exhilarating than any other intoxication. You cannot find such bliss anywhere else.
After that Sant Kirpal says that Lovers do not believe in salvation by means of reading scriptures alone. They read only the scripture of love and quotes Hazrat shah Niya R.A.-
O my Lord! Teach us the one word of your love. I do not wish to waste my life in reading stories about you.
In the same book while discussing shabd(audible God) he compare it with Sultan-ul-Azkar the sufi practice of repetition of Ism-e-Azam(the greatest name).He imphasizes on the sufi belief of the inner voice being the voice of God,which is called as Kalaam-e-Elahi or Sot-e-Sarmadi.Here he again quotes Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. who said –
The world is filled with the Divine Sound, open the portals of your ears; listen to the Eternal Sound; It is beyond the reach of dissolution
Continuing the same Sant Kirpal says that the beloved is always speaking to us but we do not listen to him and quotes Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. who said-
My Beloved is always addressing you. Alas! You listen not to the words of the Ancient One.
In his another book named Naam or word,which also deals with the consepts ofNaam,Shabd and Kirtan Sant Kirpal mentions Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. in various places.He gives evidence of concept of Naam in various religion and coming to Islam he quotes with others Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. who said-
Soul is the Will and the Secret of God. Its meditation is carried on without the help of tongue and palate.Alas! Thou art stuck fast in the physical bondage and do not hear the Holy Sound of God. My Beloved is speaking to thee all the while, but woe to thee for thou heareth not the Voice.
Again Shah Niyaz R.A. says-
The whole universe is resounding with the Sound, and thou hast only to open the door of thine ears.For opening the ears, it is sufficient to stop hearing the outer sounds. If you do this, you will hear the perpetual and unending Sound. It is infinite and has no beginning nor end, and on account of that,It is called Anhad (i.e., without any limits). Without this Word-the Eternal Sound-an expression of the Infinite, the world could not have come into existence. Hold communion with the Melodious Sound and lose yourself in it, O wise man.
Referring to the Sound in teachings of Sufis he quotes Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A.-
The whole world is reverberating with Sound,To listen to It thou must unseal thine inner ears,Then shalt thou hear an Unending Music,And that shall lead thee beyond the confines of death.
In the same book Sant Kirpal tells that we can tune with the divine sound if we can introvert and stop listening to the outer sounds of the world around us and quotes following saying of Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A.-
Sound is pervading the whole world in Its fullness,
Ye can surely listen to It with transcendental hearing,
This ye can do by closing the outer bodily ears,
For surely then shall ye hear the endless song,
And It shall take you beyond the sway of destruction and dissolution.
Discussing on Anhad Naad,the devine sound which doesn’t depend on any limitations,he describe Anhad as unceasing, eternal or limitless sound as the term literally means and quotes the saying of Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A.-
Hear thou one continuous and unending Music,
A music that is eternal and beyond the confines of death.
When It has no beginning and no end,
It is therefore called Anhad or endless.
In his book “Jap Ji” which is the a translation of Bani of Guru Nanak he quotes the above mentioned saying of Hazrat Shah Niyaz R.A. related to Sultaan-ul-Azkaar andIsm-e-Aazam.
In another book named “Crown of Life” Sant Kirpal while telling that God has given us the outer ear to enjoy the melodies of sound, and the inner hearing with which we may hear the Voice of our Creator he quotes Hazrat Shah Niyaz who wrote-
Oh God, lead me to the place from where flows the ineffable
Kalma without words