Are you really ready for marriage?
Here’s a question for you – are you really ready for marriage? Almost everyone thinks they are ready to get married, but sometimes the reality is far from it!
So here’s 15 signs you’re really REALLY ready to get married!
- You’re busy planning for your future instead of planning for a wedding.
- You’re looking to add value to someone else’s life, rather than expecting for them to come and fix or solve everything wrong in your life.
- You’re interested in helping your spouse attain jannah.
- You value differences in people and are open minded.
- You understand that marriage can mean making compromises and accept this reality.
- You’re not stuck in a Bollywood movie – because you get that real life isn’t always about romance, but takes hard work!
- You want a soul mate and not someone you pick and choose when to be with.
- You fully understand that marriage requires sacrifice on your part and don’t expect your spouse to do everything for you.
- You have the means to support your spouse – for brothers, this means being able to provide for your wife. For sisters, this means supporting your husband so he can provide for you.
- You totally get that there is no ‘I’ in your relationship, because marriage is about being a team.
- You have the responsibility and maturity to handle a spouse and not selfishly think about yourself all the time.
- You are confident and comfortable with yourself and don’t need a spouse to validate you as a person.
- You know exactly what you want in your life partner.
- Your future life plans include your spouse and not just you, yourself and I!
- You’re marrying to truly complete half your deen, and are willing to do what it takes to actively keep working on your marriage and make it work.
If you can identify and accept these realities, this is a sure sign that indeed, you’re ready for marriage!