He was a great sheikh as well as a Sufi saint and due to his abstinence and mysticism he was called famous saint of his time. He lived during the period of Junaid of Baghdad. He was a disciple of Abu Osman and he was from Neishapur.
Once he asked Sheikh Abul Qasim “Why he used to listen ecstasy caused by music?” and he replied him “To
keep him away from back biting. He thinks that it is better than listening and talking of back biting. If any illegal act is done during ecstacy caused by music then it is worse than back biting of one year.”
He promised Allah that he will not demand anything from Him except His willingness for the period of 40 years.
Once his daughter became seriously ill and upon regular treatment her health could not be improved and gone worse. Due to this reason her husband Abdul Rahman Salami told her “Your health cure is available in the hands of your father because your father promised Allah that he will not demand any thing from Him except His willingness for the period of 40 years and now 20 years of his promise are over and if he will break his promise and if he will pray for your good health then you will be recovered from this serious illness. Even though it is sin to break a promise but this is the only way to regain your lost health and by this way you will become a normal and good person again.” When she heard this she left her house in the mid night in hurry to see her father for the recovery of her health soon. When her father saw her in his house and he asked her “Why she came over to his house after twenty years of her marriage?
Her daughter replied him “She is grateful to Allah for the grant of such a noble father and a pious husband. You know well that in the world nothing is more important than the life so I like my life and secondly due to the life only I can see you and my husband. I know that you promised with Allah that you will not ask any thing from Him except His willingness for a period of 40 years. So I request you for the sake of your promise with Allah kindly to break your promise and pray for my health for which I shall be highly obliged to you.” Upon hearing all the details he told her daughter “It is ill-legal to break the promise even with the mankind so it will be an act of censure with Allah. Please think if I break my promise with Allah and pray for your health then what will be guarantee that you will never die as there is no doubt of the death for every body and every body will face it now or later surely.
So for this reason I will not become sinner for breaking of my promise with Allah.” When his daughter heard this reply she thought that her death is very near but she lived for a period of 40 years after the death of her father.
His teachings are as follows.
- Unless a person will not keep away his good deeds from hypocrisy then he will not be firm in the servitude.
- 2. The status of knowledge even though it is great but it is harmful.
- One who will not perform duties on time so Allah will
keep him away from the pleasure of obligations from that person.
- It is big problem to follow inordinate appetites.
- If there is no decency in the look then it will not come under compliments.
- Many bad deeds will be arising at the end but they will
be connected from the Initial stages.
- If the foundation is not strong then the building will be not g So it is good to be away from the bad things since it’s beginning.
- One who can be able to leave his position and status
among the mankind then such person can be able to leave the world for the sake of Allah easily.
- One who is near to Allah then he will not adopt the bad deeds.
- One who adopts the bad deeds then he will not go near to Allah.
- ne who has right thinking then his sayings will be true and his actions will be under control.
- It is wilderness to have love and affection other than Allah.
- In the following matters patiency and discipline are g
- For the preaching of good deeds.
- For the prohibitioin of bad deeds.
- In the Sufi orders.